I wrecked, now what?
Troy's Towing Service
Vancouver Toyota Rent a Car

About Us & Why use Brady's?
Lifetime Guarantee
Autochex & iCar Awards

Accident Report Form
Insurance Companies

Before & After Pics
Restoration Jobs

Meet Our Staff
Community Support

Contact Us & After-Hrs Drop
  Unless a report is to be made by a law enforcement officer...
the driver of any vehicle involved in an accident resulting in injury to or death of any person or damage to the property of any one person to an apparent extent equal to or greater than...
the accident-reporting threshold for property damage accidents of $700...
shall, within 4 days after such accident, make a written report of such accident to the chief of police of the city or town if such accident occurred within an incorporated city or town or the county sheriff or state patrol if such accident occurred outside incorporated cities & towns.
Nothing in this subsection prohibits accident reports from being filed by drivers where damage to property is less than the minimum amount or where a law enforcement officer has submitted a report.

When to complete a collision report: You are NOT REQUIRED to complete a collision report if a law enforcement officer investigates the collision. The investigating officer will file the collision report. However, you always have the option of filing a report.

You are REQUIRED to complete a collision report when no law enforcement officer investigates the collision. Each driver involved in the collision must submit a report within 4 days of the collision. You can get blank motor vehicle collision report forms from your local police department, county sheriff’s office, or Washington State Patrol detachment.

How to get a copy of a collision report: If you were involved in a collision and would like a copy of the collision report you or a law enforcement officer completed, you may request a copy from the Washington State Patrol.

What collision information goes on a driving record: We add the following collision information to the driving record of ALL drivers involved in collisions where there was bodily injury or at least $700 in property damage to any one person’s property:
1) The collision date  |  2) The number of vehicles involved  |  3) Whether the vehicles were legally parked or moving
4) Whether the vehicles were occupied at the time of the collision  |  5) Whether the collision resulted in any injury or fatality

WAC 446-85-010: Accident Reporting Threshold
Beginning January 1, 2000, the accident reporting threshold for property damage accidents shall be $700 (seven hundred dollars)

How to request another driver's insurance information
If you've been in a collision & were injured or received a minimum of $700 in property damage, you may request any info we have on record showing the other driver or vehicle owner’s proof of insurance. The fee for this info is $5.

Please send us a written request with the following information:
1) Name of the driver and/or vehicle owner  |  2) Driver and/or vehicle owner's date-of-birth and driver's license number - if known
3) Date of collision  |  4) Collision report number  |  5) Check or money order in the amount of $5 (five dollars)

Send your request by mail to: Accident Processing Unit - Department of Licensing - P. O. Box 9048 - Olympia, WA - 98507-9048
    Bradys Auto Body  |  7615 NE 119th Pl  |  Vancouver, WA 98682-4100  |  360.254.5069 Site Map  |  Site Index  |  Sitemap